Homeowners! It’s almost time to begin spring lawn maintenance – are you prepared?
With spring just around the corner, it’s time to shake off the winter ‘blahs’ and start looking ahead to growing things and green spaces! Set the stage for a fantastic 2016 by promoting one of your property’s most valuable assets – the lawn.
We all know that a beautiful lawn can enhance a home’s curb appeal and property value, but their true worth lies in the functions they quietly perform in the background of our busy lives. Over the last several years, researchers have discovered that residential lawns play a crucial role in the overall health of urban environments. From moderating summer temperatures and improving air quality to managing and filtering storm waters before they reach our local water ways, lawns repeatedly prove themselves as a sound investment.
So what are you waiting for? Check out our quick tips below to start Spring 2016 off strong, then visit our Facebook page for a chance to WIN our Spring Lawn Restore & Booster Package!
Spring Lawn Care Tips:
- Check the lawn for bare spots and invading weeds. It’s fairly common for areas of the lawn that experienced a lot of winter foot traffic or partial destruction from raccoons and birds on the hunt for chafer beetle grubs to result in thinned and unsightly spots.
- Use a rake to gently dethatch any areas with deep build-up of dead grass to improve air and water flow.
- Spread a light layer of lime. In winter time soils tend to become mildly acidic, which changes the way your lawn can take in nutrients. A little lime can go a long way towards bringing soils back to a more neutral (and beneficial) pH.
- Spread a light layer of fertilizer to promote and support early spring growth.
- Overseed bare spots and high traffic areas to encourage lush growth.
- If needed, top dress low spots in the lawn to level the turf to create a safe, even surface
Win a Lawn Restore & Booster Package (worth $225!)
Win our Lawn Restore & Booster Package to get everything you need for spring maintenance! The Package includes enough supplies to cover a service area of 2,250 sq feet (250 yards), and comes complete with FREE delivery to any address within the Greater Vancouver/Lower Mainland Area! Package includes:
- Dolomite Lime
- All Season Builder 18-18-18 Fertilizer
- Supreme Blend Seed for Overseeding
- 1 Yard Bag of Lawn Topping Soil
THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED!
On our Facebook page timeline,
1) LIKE the contest post “Win Lawn Restore & Booster Package”, and
2) COMMENT on the contest post by telling us ‘your goals for your lawn in 2016’, and
3) FILL IN the entry form below.
- This Facebook contest is run by Western Turf Farms.
- Contest begins on January 29, 2016 and closes February 22, noon, 2016.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- Maximum one entry per person.
- All three steps (listed above) need to be completed to qualify as one valid entry.
- Participants must be 18+ and a resident of Greater Vancouver /Lower Mainland Area, B.C., Canada to qualify for free delivery of the prize.
- One winner will be chosen at random and contacted by email or Facebook Messenger.
- The winner will be announced on the Western Turf Farms Facebook page.
- Prize must be accepted as awarded. No substitutions. Not redeemable for cash equivalent.
- The winner’s address will be required in order for the prize to be delivered. The prize value is based on the retail value of the products.
- The prize must be picked up or delivered by March 31, 2016.
*This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to Western Turf Farms and not to Facebook. The information you provide will be used for this contest and will not be shared with any other party outside of Western Turf Farms.