As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation evolves day-by-day, our family-owned and operated business recognizes the importance of the health and safety of all of our customers – homeowners and professionals.
Our team recognizes the incredible work our healthcare workers, grocery store operators, pharmacies, and community are doing during these difficult times. And thank their endless efforts in keeping the community healthy and safe.
In light of recent events, Western Turf Farms is committed to you and will still be operating at this time.
As a team, we want to ensure our customers that we are taking the necessary precautions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Staffing – Our delivery staff is encouraged not to work if they are feeling ill or unwell. Any employees able to work remotely are already doing so.
- Ordering – There will be no direct person-to-person contact in our ordering process. We are happy to take orders and credit card payments on the phone.
- No contact delivery
- Our team is diligently following the guidance and best practices from the BC Center for Disease Control (BCCDC).
- We have increased cleaning and sanitizing on all commonly touched surfaces including our delivery trucks, equipment, break rooms, and restrooms.
- Our delivery team wears the necessary protective equipment including gloves during the delivery process.
- We will not be in direct contact with our customers when delivering and installing the order.
Continuing to serve our clients both homeowners and professionals all over British Columbia and Alberta is of the utmost important to us. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-888-7072.
Under the recommendation of BC Centre for Disease and Control, we as a community are recommended to limit our close contact with others. Some of the ways they recommend social distancing include:
- Limit activities outside your home
- Use virtual options to connect with others
- If you are out in public, try to keep 2 metres between yourself and others.
- Keep your hands at your side when possible
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cough into your elbow or sleeve
Enjoy Time With Family, Get Your Garden Ready & Grow Something
Luckily, the warmer weather has come as Spring approaches. The Spring time is a great time to prepare your garden, especially with your family.
Spending time outdoors in your home gives you the comfort of being outside, getting fresh air, and allows you to unplug from the news and social media. In a study, they found that gardening can help distract us and stop us from worrying.
Another study showed that gardening could help boost your mood in just 30 minutes. They found participants’ cortisol levels dropped. Cortisol is a hormone released when our body experiences distress.
Other benefits of gardening include:
- It’s a great physical activity and can burn calories.
- It is great for building bones because of your vitamin D exposure to the sun.
- It has lots of health benefits including immune-boosting and helping to lower your blood pressure.
While we aim to deliver sod, topsoil, fertilizer, and grass seed for you to start your garden, local garden centers offer a great selection of seeds, vegetable seedlings, flowers, and tools. Many local garden centers are offering delivery to your home at a reasonable cost or a flat fee due to COVID-19. Be sure to check out your local garden centers to see what they have to offer and the delivery options available!
If you have any questions on how to start or improve your garden, contact us today!
We look forward to continuing to serve you through these extraordinary circumstances.